+27(0)737277121 info@dpcc.co.za

55B Bocock road, Farmall, Randburg

Temporary Visa Renewals

South African Temporary Visa Renewals

All renewals or extensions of South African temporary visas/permits are submitted in person to the VFS, the official application office for the Department of Home Affairs.  Passports must be valid for at least 30 days after the intended date of departure from South Africa. Applications for the renewal of a temporary visa must be submitted 60 days prior to the expiry date of the visa.

We assist you in every step in the renewal/ extension of your temporary residence and visitors visa.  Our service include the following:

  • Online application on the VFS application platform;
  • Draft required letters for the application;
  • Assist you, the applicant at VFS when submitting your application. All applicants must be present for biometrics;
  • Collect the outcome of the application from the VFS application office and deliver to you.

Visa Extension/ renewals

  • Holiday/ visitors visa - Section 11(1)
  • Retired Person's visa
  • Transfer or Rectification visa

All applications for the renewal or extension of a valid visa must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the expiry of the valid visa, except where a visitors visa was issued at a port of entry on arrival for 30 days, in which case the application for the renewal must be submitted at least 7 days before the expiry of the visa.


Holiday/ Visitors Visa

Issued to foreigners for the purpose of tourism or visiting friends or relatives in South Africa and can be renewed for a further 90 days.

Retired Persons Visa

A person wanting to retire in South Africa may apply for a Retired Persons visa, provided that the person receives a monthly pension or irrevocable retirement annuity of at least R37 000 or a monthly income realising R37 000 per month, consisting of a combination of income sources.

Transfer of Visa or Rectification

Applies only to valid visas in lost, damaged or stolen passports. It is not applicable to expired passports.
The Department will re-issue a new visa label with the same expiry date of the visa label in the lost/ stolen/ damaged passport.
The Department will not transfer/ rectify any visa label which has less than 60 days before the expiry date.
No new days/ expiry dates will be given to the applicant