Yes, you can clear your criminal record from the criminal record database in South Africa. We have a 100% success rate with applications submitted to the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development.
We guarantee NO HIDDEN COSTS and NO UPFRONT PAYMENT!
What is Criminal Record Expungement?
Criminal Record Expungement is the process of removing a criminal record from your name on the National Criminal Database in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act, Act 51 of 1977. You can continue life without a conviction to your name. In order to apply for the expungement of a criminal record in terms of the Act, applicants must comply with certain criteria.
When do I qualify for a criminal record expungement?
Applicants may apply for the expungement of a criminal record with the following conditions as set out in the Act:
- The conviction date is older than 10 years at the time of application;
- Sentenced to a fine of not exceeding R20 000-00;
- Sentenced to imprisonment with the option of a fine not exceeding R20 000-00;
- Corporal punishment;
- The sentence was postponed;
- You were cautioned and discharged;
- Imprisonment wholly suspended;
- Correctional supervision in terms of section 276(1)(h) of the Act;
- Periodical imprisonment in terms of section 276(1)(i) of the Act.
When do I not qualify for the expungement of a criminal record?
You will not qualify if:
- If the application is made before 10 years has passed since the conviction date;
- The fine imposed was more than R20 000-00;
- Direct imprisonment;
- Sentenced to direct imprisonment during the 10 years from the relevant conviction date;
- Your details appear in the National Register for Sex Offenders or National Child Protection Register
Process for the Expungement of a record
Applicants wanting to clear their criminal record from the national criminal record database must provide us with the following:
- Expungement application form;
- South African Police Clearance Certificate issued 10 years after the conviction date (not older than 6 months at the time of the Expungement application);
- Copy of Identity document or passport.